Easter weekend riding in Rochester (Anglais seulement)

Récit&Photos publiés dans les Blogues AllezY
18 message(s) • Page 1 sur 21, 2

Easter weekend riding in Rochester (Anglais seulement)

Message par Deyv » Lun Avr 12, 2004 10:37 am

Last year's Easter weekend was the first time that we got to meet the great Rochester crew, Team Jackolope, and since then they have become dear friends to us thanks to the monkey.

We repeated the experience this year using the excuse that our trails were not totally rid of snow yet but the real reason was to hang out with a really cool bunch.

I did not get a chance to take a pic of everyone but here's the best one:

The following monkeys are missing from the pics but their avatar was checking on us from above.

Snake, JDcamb, Earl, Treesaw, Crashby and Isa (photographer)

We got there on friday PM after almost loosing my chameleon on the highway due to a Thule rack failure (thank god I always secure the frame with a extra bugee cord).

Echo was our host for the weekend and we really felt like home, here the pretty sight of his garage full of nice bikes

After a tasty dinner cooked by our host we went out for beers and meet up with the rest of the group. We got introduced for the first time to Stuntmatty, Earl and treesaw it would be hard to say who is the nicest of the bunch since they are all awesome people :thumb:

Saturday morning; in Echo words, we were freeriding motherfockers motherfocker!
Tyron park would be our playground for the very intense next hours.

Here's Isa bringing back geespot's Stinky on it's own turf, like a well trained steed, the bike knew exactly were to go.

The trails were in great shape but my 50 pounds DH bike made me feel like I was not:eek:

Here's Echo over the pit of dispear

Tyron is full of crazy stunts but it was nice to have a practice log for the girls to work on their balancing skills (and I am not talking about ass balacing here:D). Isa and Treesaw both did extremely well considering it was possibly their first time on a log

We spent most of our energy filming with the video camera so we don't have much pics but the film will be online soon.

We rode for 4 hours in Tyron and tried lots of stunts in there. Most of the best ones are designed by the evil mastermind Stuntmatty, thanks for your hard work Matt.

Here's the famous butter drop, we got to it from the below and it was intimitading and I had to trust my local guides that it was very smoth because I was not sure I was up to the task.

It was my first time on the Titus Quasimoto DH and the suffering of climbing with that beast was greatly overthrown by the extra smooth landing on the drops.

Here's stuntmatty about to land in butter. That name really well represent this drop cause you don't feel anything, thanks to a landing on a very steep transition.

Echo was everyone savior by bringing cold beer for after the ride. On his right is friendly treesaw.

Eventhough we had already a full day of freeriding in our hurting bodys we headed downtown for some urban action.

Rochester is a very beautifull city but where the hell is everyone :confused: :eek:

Stuntmatty is really a evil master mind because he has imagined a couple of crazy stunts right in the city, with planks and jumps hidden in bushes he creates the most funky setups. One of my favorite is a plank climbing on a series of 5 picnic tables with the last one jacked up on a bench, creating a jump into a set of stairs:eek: I pinched flatted both wheels on my second hit, I really neet to get some descent tires on my singlespeed hardtail.

Sorry no pics of that but we have plenty of vid of it, stay tuned.

Here's a big stair gap that both Stuntmatty and Instigator cleared with major speed.

We rode from 10 to 7 pm and we were totally wasted, we dragged our asses to dinner and beers with Echo, Tweek and JDcamb.

Sunday morning: XC ride.

We had to leave for montreal at 12:00 so we went early to ride in the very scenic Durand park.

Echo on his trusty blur

Our legs were hurting so much after saturday's carnage but I managed to really enjoy my first real offroad ride on the Singlespeed, that thing is so fast and agile, it's a blast to ride.

It was a beautifull day and we soon forgot our tired body to fully enjoy this crosscountry ride.

The trails goes up and down to reach the beds of many beautifull bays.

Even on xc rides we try not to miss any chances of catching some air

Again this year we has a awesome time thanks to the Jackalopes, you guys are the best.

Echo thanks for everything.

Deyv
Gentleman Programmer

Message(s) : 5142
Mon Vélo::
Mon Vélo Fat::
Mon Vélo #2::
Mon Vélo #3::
Mon Vélo #4::

Message par Deyv » Lun Avr 12, 2004 10:38 am

Quelques video pris par Jim (JDcamb)

Deyv
Gentleman Programmer

Message par KaP » Lun Avr 12, 2004 10:43 am

Cool!

Ca commence bien l'année! :thumb:
KaP
Jedi de la pédale

Message(s) : 1244

Message par Echo » Lun Avr 12, 2004 10:51 am

Hey Deyv and Isa, it was awesome as always to see you two, you are always welcome here!

I have a few pictures, not as many as I would like though.

Here is Isa expertly bringing here Stinky down a nice root covered trail:
Pièces jointes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
deyv03.JPG
deyv03.JPG (88.76 Kio) Consulté 10464 fois
Echo
Singletrack Maniac

Message(s) : 84

Message par Echo » Lun Avr 12, 2004 10:52 am

And here is Deyv on our famous Danger Dropoff, his Quasimoto does not even notice this little 6 footer!
Pièces jointes
deyv05.JPG
deyv05.JPG (85.7 Kio) Consulté 10463 fois
Echo
Singletrack Maniac

Message par Echo » Lun Avr 12, 2004 10:53 am

Finally here's our 24 hours teammate Squirrel (Earl) with a little whip coming out of a bowl jump:
Pièces jointes
deyv02.JPG
deyv02.JPG (89.54 Kio) Consulté 10461 fois
Echo
Singletrack Maniac

Message par Jozz » Lun Avr 12, 2004 11:09 am

Jozz
Jedi de la pédale

Message(s) : 3413

Message par Steff » Lun Avr 12, 2004 3:38 pm

Steff
Soprano du Dirtjump

Message(s) : 946

Message par tartosuc » Mar Avr 13, 2004 8:00 am

L'axe 15mm est la meilleur solution a un problème qui n'existait pas.
tartosuc
Site Admin

Message(s) : 4332

Message par A.P. » Mar Avr 13, 2004 10:27 am

Cool! Encore une belle fin de semaine! :D

Es-tu certain que le Titus pèse 50 lbs...ça semble beaucoup pour un vélo sans monster ou Gazz 3.0 sur des DW! :? :P
A.P.
Soprano du Dirtjump

Message(s) : 886

Message par Deyv » Mar Avr 13, 2004 10:34 am

Deyv
Gentleman Programmer

Message par Deyv » Mar Avr 13, 2004 10:40 am

Deyv
Gentleman Programmer

Message par Jozz » Mar Avr 13, 2004 10:42 am

Jozz
Jedi de la pédale

Message(s) : 3413

Message par tartosuc » Mar Avr 13, 2004 10:47 am

C't'un bike de "descente"! pourquoi parler de montée...

ya pas de bon bike pour monter en dh...il y en as certain qui se pédale un peu mieu c'est tout!
L'axe 15mm est la meilleur solution a un problème qui n'existait pas.
tartosuc
Site Admin

Message(s) : 4332

Message par Deyv » Mar Avr 13, 2004 10:35 pm

Deyv
Gentleman Programmer