Parlons Raquettes ==> MSR

Une place pour parler Plein Air et pour partager nos récits et photos de sorties.

Ski, kayak, hiking, Snowboard, Escalade etc....
40 message(s) • Page 2 sur 31, 2, 3

Message par KaP » Mar Fév 03, 2004 12:11 pm

KaP
Jedi de la pédale

Message(s) : 1244

Message par A.P. » Mar Fév 03, 2004 6:16 pm

A.P.
Soprano du Dirtjump

Message(s) : 886
Mon Vélo::
Mon Vélo #2::
Mon Vélo #3::
Mon Vélo #4::

Message par Deyv » Mer Fév 04, 2004 10:01 am

Deyv
Gentleman Programmer

Message(s) : 5142
Mon Vélo Fat::

Message par A.P. » Mer Fév 04, 2004 11:34 am

A.P.
Soprano du Dirtjump

Message par BikeGeek » Mer Fév 11, 2004 2:39 pm

Good to hear about the MSR snowshoes. Especially now that a lot of places are reducing prices. I'm hoping to buy some before the month is out.

Anyone heard of the Grivel Promenade snowshoes, or can direct me to a review? They look fragile, but they've been recognized by Backpacker Magazine. They're very inexpensive right now which is good because I'm very poor right now. :)

Mon Français...ummmm, sucks.
BikeGeek
Rideur de piste cyclable

Message(s) : 34

Message par Deyv » Mer Fév 11, 2004 2:45 pm

Deyv
Gentleman Programmer

Message par A.P. » Mer Fév 11, 2004 2:59 pm

Never heard of them either. By the look of them, I would say the traction/grip will be way inferior to the MSR on steep terrain.

Also, I'm not sure I like the sliding part...it may be very good but it's a place I could see breaking when fully extended. I don't know. The plastic MSR are very though and they have a lifetime warranty.

Here's the model I have:

It's probably the product I've bought in the past few years that I'm initially the most satisfied of. I've owned them for just a month, but I've used them every weekend and sometimes on weekdays.
:)
A.P.
Soprano du Dirtjump

Message par Deyv » Mer Fév 11, 2004 3:10 pm

I agree with AP and the off camber grip on the MSR is also fantastic but it always comes down to prices. If they are cheap enough it might be worth it.

Are you planning to go hike a mountain straight up or use existing summer trails?
Deyv
Gentleman Programmer

Message par Jozz » Mer Fév 11, 2004 3:23 pm

I'm about to purchase a pair too. I was almost convinced to get the MSR, but after reading on the internet and on the site I'm not so sure anymore. If I would only do mountain face climbing I would probably go with the MSR, but since I want to use mine also for backpacking the Atlas seems to be more versatile since they allow for left to right float, which means that if you are walking off camber the snowshoe will follow the angle of the slope (max 15deg) while you feet will remain level. Also their is a negligable weight advantage with the Atlas (found on internet: 1 pound on feet = 6 pounds on back) That might have a bigger impact on 15km+ rides with a load.

I still haven't decided yet...
Jozz
Jedi de la pédale

Message(s) : 3413

Message par BikeGeek » Mer Fév 11, 2004 3:44 pm

BikeGeek
Rideur de piste cyclable

Message par HypNoTic » Mer Fév 11, 2004 4:22 pm

Fée des sentiers (tm)
HypNoTic
Jedi de la pédale

Message(s) : 3195

Message par HypNoTic » Mer Fév 11, 2004 4:26 pm

Fée des sentiers (tm)
HypNoTic
Jedi de la pédale

Message(s) : 3195

Message par A.P. » Mer Fév 11, 2004 4:31 pm

A.P.
Soprano du Dirtjump

Message par BikeGeek » Mer Fév 25, 2004 12:13 pm

Pièces jointes
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
happybday2me.jpg
happybday2me.jpg (21.78 Kio) Consulté 9419 fois
BikeGeek
Rideur de piste cyclable

Message par Deyv » Mer Fév 25, 2004 12:24 pm

Deyv
Gentleman Programmer